Ball Grid Array
IES, Inc. is a leader in processing Ball Grid Array devices
Over the past 12 years we have seen these packages become smaller and the ball pitch tighter. IES can provide a comprehensive process development for any device that you may choose.
What sets IES apart from the competition?
- More than 11 years of experience in placement and processing.
- 9 years of experience with micro BGA devices.
- Processing flip chip BGA's down to .5mm pitch.
- Ability to place BGA devices and perform hand assembly of prototypes without the cost of solder stencils, programming and setup fees.
- Extensive experience with localized rework of BGA's utilizing our Pace TF2000 Rework Stations.
- Our BGA machine to verify BGA reflow and rework processes.
- Advanced Image Processing software on our X-ray system to further verify ball collapse, presence of voiding and profile construction of solder deposits.
Ball Grid Array Rework
X-Ray Imaging System
Our X-Ray offers additional quality control over the Surface Mount Manufacturing and the BGA Rework/Replacement process.
TF2000 Capabilities include: Placing a wide variety of component types and sizes: PBGAs, UBGAs, CSPs, Flip Chips or any SMD; effectively pre-heating multi-layer and large circuit boards; documenting quality assurance and process control. The TF2000 delivers unparalleled programmability and process control to ensure accurate placement and installation.